Event Planning Checklist
Plan Details Before Scheduling a Space
- What group are you scheduling for?
- Academic Class
- University Department
- Academic Club
- SLAS Club
- Ecclesiastical Group
- Non-University Group
- Designate a primary contact for the event (name, position/calling, email, and phone no.)
- Designate a 2nd contact for the event (name, position/calling, email, and phone no.)
- Event Date(s)
- Event Start & End Time -When will the actual event start and end time?
- Reserve Start & End Time
- How much time do you need to setup?
- How much time will you need to clean up?
- How many people are you expecting?
- Will there be food at your event?
- Will your event's primary audience be minors (children and youth under the age of 18 years old)?
- University Groups
- If yes, has all of your team members completed BYUH's Youth Protection Policy training?
- Visit Protection of Minors on our website to take the training and complete the acknowledgement. This training is to be done yearly.
- University Groups
- What resources will you be needing at your event?
- FM Equipment: tables, chairs, etc. How many?
- Media Services: projector, screen, mic, etc.
- Public Safety: road closures, Security personnel, etc.
- LAST STEP: Go to email@example.com and research if the location you want is available at the date and time you will be requesting.
When you have all this information, go ahead and submit your event request.
Review for Accuracy
- Verify confirmation for accuracy.
- Review policy and guidelines at the bottom of the confirmation.
- Keep event changes to a minimum. If changes are necessary, contact Event Services & Outreach.
- No changes allowed within 48 hours (2 business days) of the event.
- If the event is canceled, please notify Event Services & Outreach
Day of the Event
- Have a printed copy (or quick digital access) to your confirmation.
- Conduct your event as planned and scheduled. Use only the space and resources you have requested during your scheduled time.
- If you have issues with resources you requested, refer to your confirmation for contact information to directly contact the appropriate resource team.